Anxiety & Phobias
Foetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorders (FASD)
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Parenting & Families
Autism Spectrum Disorders/Asperger’s
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Santo Russo established Better Life Psychology in 1999 after a 25 year career focused on human development across the lifespan. Before becoming a psychologist his work in early childhood development gave him a solid foundation for his support for individuals, of all ages, in the challenges that they face on a day to day basis.
After completing a Bachelors Degree in Education, Santo completed a double major in Psychology and a Masters Degree in Psychology at the University of Queensland. Santo continues to work with children, adolescents, adults and families in their daily challenges.
Santo has continued his professional development with training and work in Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), Triple P and Circle of Security parenting programs, Resourceful Adolescent Program and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. Through his interest in Mindfulness based therapies, including Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) Santo had developed additional skills to assist clients of all ages meet the challenges that life inevitably brings.
Professional Memberships & Registrations
- Member of the Australian College of Educators (MACE)
- Fellow of the Australian Psychological Society (FAPS)
- Member of the APS College of Educational and Developmental Psychologists (MCEDP)
- Member of the Obesity Prevention and Treatment Society (MOPAT)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (MAICD)
- QLD Board of Teacher Registration #437405
- Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) Registration #PSY0001404910
- Area of Practice Endorsement Educational and Developmental Psychology
- STAP Accreditation
- Chairman of the Board, Hubbard’s School
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (Primary Practice Committee) (ACSQHC)
- QUT Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology Course Advisory Committee
- QUT Enhanced Head of School (Psychology and Counselling) Advisory Committee
- headspace Nundah Clinical Governance Committee
- APS representative member Partners4Health (MNBML)
- Griffith University Project Safe Space Partner
Foundations of Behavioral, Social, and Clinical Assessment of Children (Sixth Ed.) Review
Assessing Autism In Toddlers Born
Presentation at the 5th Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Societies, Barcelona, Spain (October 17-21, 2014).
Parents’ Evaluation of Developmental Status (PEDS:DM) and the Parenting Relationship in Children Born very Preterm
Presentation at the 4th Congress of the European Academy of Paediatric Societies, Istanbul, Turkey (October 5-9, 2012).